Saturday, December 3, 2016

Week Eight - Yard Work



 
Elder Doloriert and Elder Moore


This week was pretty cool it’s crazy how fast it goes by.  My Spanish still sucks. I feel like an idiot when I read Spanish because I’m a pretty good reader but Spanish is just so different and I look retarded when I read to people. The spiritual experiences keep you going but it’s tough. I get down on myself because I just can’t understand people sometimes but during the lessons I’m good.


I was thinking about Thanksgiving during the day but it’s weird how you just don’t focus on it. We didn’t do Thanksgiving but we eat chifa all the time which is like fried rice. It is so good like I could eat it every meal. 


We teach about 12 lessons every week and people are super receptive to it but its tough some days because you’re always doing something. We had one new investigator but not a lot of success.

We did a service project this week but it was just another name for “yard work.” We made it fun but I got sunburnt so ya boii is getting tan. We got coconuts for doing it so that was pretty good. 
Coconuts for Service: Elders Moore, Doloriert, Gutierrez and Jackson
So earlier today we were just chillin eating breakfast and our pensionista just leaves with a broom and she smacks the crap out of this rat thing. It was freaking huge and she just killed it, skinned it and we might be eating it later. The people of Peru are lit.


My comp is awesome and it’s great having Elder Jackson. Love the guys I’m with. My apartment is like a kitchen and desks and then 2 rooms with bathrooms It’s actually super easy to wake up. It’s weird like I wake up before my alarm but just starting to actually do stuff is hard. We have a “rama” or a branch. It’s like 100 people super small and super different - like dogs walk in sometimes and just chill.


The new area is cool people live in like just cement houses. It’s weird - some have dirt floors and some have cement. People are all just farmers here. They go out to their chakaras and pick stuff all day. It’s kind of sad like I can’t figure out what these people look forward to every day. There are cars but it’s just motos mostly. Food is either really good or like I wanna puke bad but I get through it. The people are super nice and don’t really try to sell you stuff. The weather isn’t bad at all here. It’s weird that were getting close to Christmas and its heating up. It’s exactly like the town in Mexico. 

Addison is super cute. I miss all you guys but I’m doing great out here not crying in my pillow every night so that’s good. Love you guys tons.
 
Elder Doloriert and Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment