Saturday, December 24, 2016

Week 10: The Work I'm Doing Isn't For Me.

Happy Birthday Elder Moore!

My birthday was so awesome. Our pensionista's family is the best. They made me chifa, which is all we eat out here, and they know I love it. They bought me a cake. They did some Peruvian tradition where they crack an egg on my head and then drench me in water. It was so much fun they are awesome!

The language is tough but I've seen myself grow in it, like, one family that we've always taught; the guy has a thick Selva accent so I couldn't understand a word he said, but now I can answer some of his questions and stuff. I'm so tired all the time, like, I wake up at 6:30 everyday and I'm just tired. Like, I usually fall asleep during language study. My comp is so awesome. He speaks English, which is great because I can ask what words are and he just tells me so I don't have to look them up which takes forever. Just step by step, day by day. I want to snowboard so bad mom I dream about it.  We only have church for 1 hour Christmas. so Alex is already graduated right? I love you tons. 

This week was long its just hard some days but others fly by. We didn't do anything for p-day which blew. They came down with a bunch of new rules so we cant leave our area, which is tough but we will do stuff. We are decorating today - we're gonna buy a tree. The food you guys sent was bomb. Everything here is so cheap too, so don't worry about money I'm chill. Oh i forgot to tell you - I think our pensionista's daughter friended you on Facebook. I don't know if the video will send. I love you so much tell everybody ! love them.

Our investigators are coming to church - we get more and more every week which is cool. We try to work really hard on Saturdays.

One other thing Mom was I finished the Book of Mormon for the second time and after I went and read Joseph Smith history. Mom I think that was one of the most spiritual experiences I've ever had. Right when it got to 15 it just hit me like the live experience - it was so strong. It's just crazy to me that if we are worthy of these experiences, the Lord will give them to us. That was my birthday too so it was just really cool. I cant' deny this gospel. It's tough - it's something we have to do every day, but we can do it. A mission is tough but its fun and the work I'm doing isn't for me. I'm growing spiritually, but I'm not changing who I am, and that's what I wanted. 

I love you Mom. I know this church is true and if it wasn't for that Priesthood Dad has and him listening to that prompting, I don't know if this is where I would be. It's crazy to look back. Even those pictures you sent that were 5 months ago. I'm here now - who knows where I'll be in 5 more months. I just know that I'll be fine. Thank you for never giving up on me.

Love,
Parker

Elder Moore at his pensionista's house for birthday dinner

Parker with his pensionista after the birthday egg break and water drench

20 years old!

Lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment