Saturday, November 5, 2016

Week Four - "The Old Guys Now"



Parker at the Lima MTC

 
We went proselyting this week so we got to see how they live and stuff. It was crazy but it was a super cool experience. They had the Virgin Mary everywhere and signs like ‘no soliciting’ except it said this is a Catholic house or stuff like that. The language is coming along. It’s crazy how we can understand what they are saying but sometimes I just can’t put sentences together. But when we are doing the important stuff like testifying the words just fly out. I had an experience where words just came to me and I spoke so fast it was crazy. It is just working hard that will do it. 

The driving is the same way here - there are no rules. They have a ton of roundabouts and if you want to get out there you just go, and were in a bus! 


My district is so tight it’s crazy. We have so much fun - but we know when to be serious. The President and staff think we're the best. I don’t get it - lol.  We’re the old guys now so the new kids think we know everything, but we just know the tricks of the trade. Collecting butter has gotten out of hand. We just fill our pockets - it’s crazy (see pictures). Yesterday was the best day ever. They served burgers and gave us chicken salad - it was so good I had like four of them. I almost literally killed a couple kids because they were eating and they start choking because they start laughing why they are swallowing its hilarious. 
 

Hey Dad I really just want to thank you for acting on that prompting to let me go to Reno. I don’t know if I would be here if it wasn’t for that prompting. It’s in learning to act on the promptings that I get - and we never know what’s going to happen - but the things those impressions can do are crazy.


It’s crazy that it’s almost been a month. It feels like it’s been so long and also so short. I love you guys tons it's crazy the experiences you can have if are doing what you should be. 



The Butter Collection
 
MTC Classroom



















No comments:

Post a Comment