Sunday, November 13, 2016

Week Five - The Lord's Team/El Equipo Del Señor



Elder Moore in front of the Lima Peru Temple

  
The basketball hoops are up! We have el equipo del señor [The Lord’s Team] and we’re 3-0, so we’re cold.  Not too much happened this week - one of the girls [sisters] called us out for not looking at them because we don’t talk to them. It’s pretty funny because the whole district treats them like the plague. I’m having fun but it’s getting real. I leave next week to Iquitos so it should be lit. Yeah - that just hit me all last week. 


It’s not that humid in Lima so I think I’m in for a surprise - but I mean it’s still pretty hot here. I’m excited to go out but I’m scared too. My Spanish can always be better but it’s just got to be tested. The days just kind of meld together but it will be an experience. It’s weird to leave everything and just focus on the people and the Lord. I’m happy to be here but the CCM is getting old real quick. I’m gonna miss the people I’ve met and I really hope I can email them when I’m out there. I’ll see these guys in college I know it. I love you guys so much but I know this is where I need to be. I think my district is just a really good group of guys and we’re all going to the same mission which is awesome. 

I struggled with the Spirit a little this week. You just have some days where you don’t have the Spirit in your lessons but the next day you have the Spirit so strong it brings you to tears – it’s crazy. You just have to learn how it works with you. I felt it super strong when I was talking about families. Even though I’m not with you guys right now that’s nothing in comparison. Yesterday was crazy when I talked about the plan of salvation. I was in tears - I knew what I was testifying was true. I’m so happy for that and that’s the stuff that has to push me through when I struggle with the language or my companion. It’s crazy being around the same person for so long - you just learn to let things go. There’s days that I struggle but you just got to push through and thrive on the little things. I know I need to be here I don’t know why but I know.


The temple was great - the Spirit is always there. We have so much butter and jam it’s ridiculous - like the ladies started taking it away in the morning - and all my pants smell horrible because the butter sometimes leaks in your pocket. I haven’t gotten sick again but it wasn’t that bad when I was. 


The people I’ve met have already affected my life. I’m scared to go out but it’ll be fun - just scared of the unknown and the language part, but you have to go fail before you can be great so not too worried. I just know it’s going to be tough. I love you guys so much and when I teach about the plan of salvation I’m so happy all the time. I’m so glad we can be together forever I’m scared of that forever but you just have to trust him and that’s the best gift he has so it’s going to be lit. 

That baby is getting huge!  That’s crazy that Trump won - I was pretty sure he would. I miss Idaho I just want to snowboard!

Love, Parker

Peruvian Scripture Cover

Elder Moore and companion, Elder Whitehead



No comments:

Post a Comment