Saturday, March 25, 2017

Week 17 - January 30, 2017: The Peace this Gospel Brings

Elder Doliert, Ivan Morales, Elder Moore, Sister, Elder Jackson



This week was great we baptized Ivan Morales. It was really cool to see the change in him. It took us a while to get him but he just had a change of heart one day and he’s different. I think he just really asked to figure it out and you have to have that real intent to get an answer. We might have a baptism for next week, we might have 3, but it just depends. We need to work this week. One kid just needs his permission slip and we are dunking that boii! He’s the one I’m holding he’s super awesome. I’m really hoping he gets his stuff. The others are 2 twins, 9 years old. So yeah, I’m doing great. 

This week was awesome its crazy how fast this transfer is going by. Transfers are next Monday night so that will be weird. We have no clue what’s going to happen until they come. I’m still in 12 weeks which is just something every missionary does. 

We did splits this week so I was with Elder Jemin and it was so much fun. We just had a great time joking around and working. It’s cool to see that everyone is the same - like we all have family problems and we all have issues but when we do the things we need to do we will be ok. In a lesson this week I just told the investigator my testimony about the Gospel and how really for me I know I’m gonna be ok.

I think the thing I’m learning too is just that if you do what we’re supposed to we’re gonna be ok. That’s the peace that this Gospel brings. I think just that it’s not gonna be easy but the Lord will give you everything you need - not what you want, but need - and
that’s something I’m learning. I just don’t want to be that missionary that comes home and goes inactive I’m trying for that real conversion and I’ve felt the Spirit out here I can’t deny that but just gotta keep going. Four months next Saturday!

I’m doing great my Spanish is growing a tons at this point it’s just words really - expanding my vocab. Me and Jackson are getting super close. He committed to BYUI so I’m gonna have a black guy with me – it’s lit. I miss snow so much. It’s rainy a lot here. I want to watch sports so bad lol. I heard it’s like record snow everywhere the one year I leave! 

I love you and miss you tons. I’m doing great don’t worry at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment