Saturday, February 18, 2017

Week 15 - January 16, 2017 - Zone Conference & Meeting with President Liu






The churches are so different here, like sometimes there are dogs that just walk in and chill. It is cool to see that these people are doing the same thing we do because this is the only way we can do this and live with him again. This gospel is so simple and even the people who aren’t as learned as we are can understand and live it because it is for everyone. I think that is probably the biggest thing I’ve learned out here is just that there are so many things we can’t comprehend or understand like the fall is so hard for people here and the thing is if they would stop trying to figure out the reason or try to understand with their mind and do it with that sincere heart they will understand.

We had a pretty good amount of new investigators this week and we committed a guy to baptism for the 29th. He’s got 2 church appearances so he can get baptized, so that’s a really cool answer to a lot of prayers. I’ve felt the spirit super strong this week when I was teaching and when other people were teaching. I think I really just prayed for help and got it. We had a ton of people at church and it was just a great week.

We had a zone conference in Tarapoto with all 3 zones and we had interviews and stuff with President Liu. I understood everything he told me it was so cool. It’s weird how I was scared to talk with him but I understood everything and was able to talk with him it was really cool and I felt the spirit. We see out zone leaders every week and have a meeting so we know them really well, they both are American. President is not close at all he’s in Iquitos which is  plane ride away our zone leaders are in Moyobamba which is 40 min away but it’s not bad at all, my mission is huge.

It’s crazy how much I’ve grown in the language and the thing that Elder Doloriert told me is that when I testify and speak through the spirit my words are clear and direct. My comp is great we have a ton of fun and work really hard so were great together, it’s gonna be weird to lose him.
One thing I’m trying to change is caring about people more than numbers. I feel like I’m failing because I don’t have numbers yet but that’s not why I’m here. I’m here to give it my all and do what I need to do.

They have juice in bags here that they just give to people. They did that in Lima too its upper weird. The milk here is all artificial but it’s so bomb, I get 2 liters a week.

This week was awesome. It’s rainy then sunny every day is different but it’s great. I miss snow LOL. I’m doing great some days are tough but some days are so cool just gotta always push forward. It’s already been about 3 and a half months it’s crazy. I love you tons mom miss you every day.







No comments:

Post a Comment