Saturday, May 27, 2017

Week 20 - February 20, 2017: Rough Week





At Zone Conference with President and Sister Li


This week was pretty cool we didn’t really have to work in the morning which is cool because basically we go out and do nothing so that was cool? We helped someone sand paper a wall for service. That was pretty fun but it was just us three. The other guys had their own service. 

This week was real rough. I got sick like Wednesday or Thursday and I’ve just kind of been in a rut - like we do the same thing every day. It’s hard to explain but I don’t know - I was homesick and just wanted something different. The same people - even P-day is the same thing. There are so many rules we can’t really do much. I’ve had headaches like all this week so that sucked. 

I think it might just be my outlook honestly. Like, I’ve had fun but it’s hard when you only look at the bad. Like with you saying that Liv has had the time of her life. I don’t know, like I have had a lot of fun and met great people but its hard Mom. I work every day, we don’t have down time, we eat lunch and go and work. I’m just starting so I don’t know. I can’t have the mindset of leaving my mission. I think I need to enjoy the experience and not wait for the end but it’s hard, especially when you work so hard and nothing happens.

But I’ve had some cool spiritual experiences. Even when I didn’t want to go out and work I did because I knew I needed to. We had 0 investigators at church. We had 5 say they were gonna come so I don’t know what happened. Honestly we gotta just figure something out. 

I feel like my Spanish is growing but it’s just a time thing. I was pretty trunky this week too - I just can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel really. But that’s the thing - its gone by super fast and I think it’s just because I’m in the same area with the same comp. We get along great but it is just like I have things I could say but it’s not worth it. I’m doing good I just gotta work what Dad told me in his letter was that when things are tough just don’t think about yourself go out and work and I think that’s what I need to do. I think I’ve just been selfish out here and maybe not cared about the people like I should have, I don’t know. I’m doing great the members here are awesome they help me a ton. I just gotta look for the blessings this week - I know they are out there. 

That’s crazy that Bishop Cooper is gonna get released. It’s been awhile though. I’m good now health wise so don’t worry. I haven’t got the package but they go to Iquitos the start of March so we will see.

I love you tons!
Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment