Saturday, August 5, 2017

Week 23 - March 11, 2017: Attitude

"El Trio" Elders Gemin, Moore & Jackson
 
Yeah the eye thing isn’t a problem but if I feel any pain whatsoever I take my contacts out and wear glasses. Yeah the grudge gene is a huge thing in our family LOL. The KFC story was funny we didn't even buy KFC that day I don't think we even ate there - I think we went somewhere else LOL. That’s cool that Eric got that operation - he's young and fun so idk maybe the old guys have fun stuff to do LOL. 

I think attitude has been something I have been thinking about a lot lately too like I might stay here another change and maybe I have this “make it to the end of this change” attitude. It’s hard for me because we can’t do much. People say we can go visit them so we try and they just aren't home or something happened. Like it’s just frustrating. We knock tons of doors but nothing. I just need a new area. I’m ready to go but I gotta keep pushing and have that good attitude. It's tough but it's good. I had a good talk with Jackson so that helped. I just have to stop focusing on me and try to help these people. I will grow when others grow. It’s just something I have to focus on doing. 

We didn't really have new investigators this week but the ones I have are cool. we work a lot in the other guys’ area mostly for contacting and stuff so its hard to find new people for me. church was cool got to share my testimony about the atonement and that was pretty good. I think my knowledge of that has grown the most. It’s crazy how many scripture references there are for that. So we are in a branch and we just go to our church we have 70ish members that have assisted lately. Its really declining I don't know why they have had some meeting about it retention is a real big problem here.  

So here they just go at it then they have a kid and if the dad stays they live together but like 1 in 10 people are married. It’s rough because the dad’s always working and so we only find ladies, so its hard to find families to teach. I think in total I’ve taught like 3 families but when you have families its always the dad you have to worry about. The wife is always willing to do stuff. It’s tough. Our branch president is president Celcio. He's cool but he's like 90 years old LOL.
One more week till transfers. I'm more than ready but I don't even know if I will get changed to be honest because I know the area so yeah it might be one more - who knows? 

I think BYUI will be great for Meagan.  Center Square is great for freshman and just fun in fall. I think she’s done with high school. I'm doing good I just think I need to be obedient more. I feel like sometimes we do stuff we shouldn't - nothing huge but like the tv will be on or stupid little stuff and we have seen the consequences. Me and Jackson had a good talk about it so we are really trying to be obedient. It’s really me and Jackson working. Elder Gemin works hard one day and the next he doesn't do anything, so its tough, but we just gotta work.

I love you tons - no crazy stories this week sorry but they will come.
Love you,
Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment