Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Week One in the MTC

Elder Parker Moore and his companion Elder Josh Whitehead in the Lima MTC
I've had a couple of cool moments here. The Spirit is pretty strong and you get to read the scriptures a lot which is cool. It's something I really never read as much as I should every day.  The MTC here is called the CCM and I don't even know how to say the whole thing. My Spanish is not amazing but it's coming along. Addison is so cute! I wish I were there but I know this is where I need to be. My companion is Elder Whitehead he's pretty cool. I pick on him a little but he can handle it. The Latinos talk so fast here you can barely get any words and when they say "Iquitos" they talk like they are singing. They speak so fast it's not even funny.

My district is sweet - they are all going to Iquitos and they are all Americans.  They are just a really good group of guys. Sorry there aren't many pictures, there really isn't a lot of time and we got in super late and went straight on the bus. I met a cool guy on the bus and I still talk to him. One guy in my district is from Idaho.  He is legit - he just hunts and fishes every day - it's the life! His name is Elder King.

We have lessons we teach to investigators aka "our teachers" and we did pretty good. We committed him to baptism on the third one and after that one he talked to us and was like "that was really good I could tell you guys were prepared and just know how to use the Spirit." It was weird because that day me and Elder Whitehead (my companion) were kind of beefing - he was being a little controlling and I was pushing back, as is tradition. We talked it out though and did good. The first couple of days were hard but it's gotten better. I've made some friends, which is cool. The fruit is bomb here we get papaya,  cantaloupe and pineapple, but I swear someone that works in the cafeteria wakes up in the morning and says "How can I destroy Parker's intestines today?" because it is NOT pretty. I think I got a fever the other day but I'm better now.  I took some pills and stuff. It's weird that it's been a week! We are kind of in a bubble here. We just went outside the walls for the first time - it was awesome to see real people and not elders all day. I love you guys tons hope baby waaaandy is doing great I always have them in my prayers.

Love Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment